Thursday, October 1, 2009

faq


Q. What can you make for my party?
A. If you see it on this site I can definitely make it, or if you have something in mind just tell me what it is and we can figure it out. I have a large collection of cookie cutters and can make custom-shaped cookies as well, so the limits are based only on the intricacy of the design. My favorite thing to make is cupcakes in any flavor combo. I also love to make brownies, trifles, and cheesecakes.

Q. What don't you make?
A. Though I wish I was, I am not skilled in the sugar arts: sugar flowers, large fondant cakes, blown sugar, or the kinds of items you might see on Food Network Challenge. I also haven't had any training on large layered cakes. I am able to work with fondant, however, and can make small fondant cakes or add fondant to your cupcakes or cookies.

Q. Can you make me a cake?
A. I specialize in small desserts right now. However, I would be happy to make a simple cake for your event and will charge accordingly. I am hoping to get training on cakes in the future.

Q. How much will it cost?
A. Unfortunately I can't give an exact price for any item, as every order is custom made just for you. Cupcake bites start at $1/each, cupcakes start at $1.50 each, and iced sugar cookies start at $2.50/each. Prices are based on design, quantity, and the amount of time they take to produce.

Q. Can I buy just one cupcake?
A. Sorry, but not at this time. You must purchase a minimum of 12 cupcakes, 12 iced sugar cookies, or 24 cake balls (the 24 cake balls must all be the same flavor). Please contact me regarding other items.

Q. Where are you located and will you ship?
A. I'm currently located in the lovely Alamogordo, New Mexico. Hopefully that will change before long. In the meantime, if you don't have the privilege of living nearby, I am able to ship iced sugar cookies and - possibly in the cooler months - cake bites.

Q. How did you learn to make this stuff?
A. A couple of years ago I had a fair amount of free time, a sweet tooth, and an interest in all things beautiful, and started making treats for my co-workers. They gladly partook of everything I brought and even started a "treat fund" to help pay for the items I brought (and to encourage me to bring more!). By the time I left that job, everyone agreed that I should start a business. In other words, I am 100% self-taught at this time. I do have plans to get training in the future in order to increase my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...